TIME REQUIRED: ~40 min
- STEP 1 - Attaching the rail: removing the plastic cover
- STEP 2 - Attaching 1st rail to the comma body base
- STEP 3 - Attaching standing legs
- STEP 4 - Attaching 2nd part of the railing
- STEP 5 - Attaching the comma three mount
- STEP 6 - Attaching a comma three device
- STEP 7 - Attaching plastic cover to the comma body base
- STEP 8 - Initial boot
In the box
- A) 2 stands
- 2 M6 long screws
- 2 M6 short screws
- B) Set of screws
- 3 M6 screws
- 1 spring-tab nut
- C) Pair of allen keys
- 4 mm for M6 screws
- 5 mm for M8 flanged screw
- D) 1 comma three mount
- E) 2x Long Connection Plate
- 1 connection plate
- 4 M6 long screws
- 4 spring-tab nuts
- F) 1x Short Connection Plate
- 1 connection plate
- 2 M6 long screws
- 2 spring-tab nuts
- G) 1 USB-C 6.6ft 90deg cable
- H) 1 29.4V 2A charger
- I) 1 threaded four slot rail (bottom) (2ft)
- 1 M8 flanged screw
- J) 1 four slot rail (top) (2ft)
- K) 2 slot dust covers
- 1 short dust cover (22 in)
- 1 long dust cover (22 ¾ in)
- comma body base (top view)
- battery connector
STEP 1 - Attaching the rail: removing the plastic cover
- Turn the comma body upside down to locate lid tabs
- Turn the comma body upright.
- Push the plastic cover tabs from the bottom up.
- Remove the second plastic cover by pulling it upwards.
- Proceed with care as the power button and charging connector are wired to the cover, and are connected to the main board.
STEP 2 - Attaching 1st rail to the comma body base
- Take the threaded four slot rail with the flanged screw
- Remove the silver screw.
- Make sure 2 spring-tab nuts are inserted in the slots, one from the opposite side. Place them 3 inches from the end of the rail.
- Insert the rail into the slot located in the center of the comma body aluminum base.
- Press the rail in firmly with both hands applying high downward force.
- Use the flanged screw from the bottom side to align the rail with the base.
- Use included 5mm allen key to tighten the screw.
- Use a 4mm allen key to push the spring-tab nut in place.
- Screw in screws in the angle blocks.
STEP 3 - Attaching standing legs
- Get two stands and a small bag with two short and two long M6 screws.
- Attach both stands to the base first with the short screws and then with the long ones. DO NOT make it tight.
- Align both stands to each other and tighten the screws. Use the long side of the allen key and two fingers to not over-tighten the screws!
STEP 4 - Attaching 2nd part of the railing
- 2x long connection plate
- 1x short connection plate
- Attach two spring-tab nuts with the provided M6 screws but DO NOT tighten.
- Insert one end of the bracket into the right side slot, while pushing on the spring tabs.
- Repeat for the left side bracket.
- DO NOT tighten the screws yet!
- Place spring tab nuts in corresponding slots of the top rail. Two for the left and the right rail, and one for the back rail.
- Place top rail onto the bottom rail.
- Attach with M6 long screws but DO NOT make it tight.
- Align the left bracket visually in the middle of both rails.
- Tighten the two bottom screws.
- Repeat the same procedure for the right and center(only 1 bottom screw) brackets.
- Align the top rail and make the top screw of the center short rail tight.
- Tighten 2 top screws on the left and right brackets.
STEP 5 - Attaching the comma three mount
- Take comma three mount with the screw and spring-tab nut.
- Slide in the spring-tab nut into the left rail, move 3 in away from the rail end.
- Locate the hole on the mount, it should face the left side. Press in mount on the rail with both hands.
- Use the allen key to position the spring-tab nut.
- Tighten the screw with the long side of the allen key.
STEP 6 - Attaching a comma three device
- Slide-in comma three halfway by pushing it with two fingers into the mount.
- Push slightly on the edge of the camera bump to move it in place.
- Push in comma three all the way into the mount.
- Remove cable wrap, discard.
- Plug in the USB-C cable to the comma three.
- Take the long dust cover.
- Place the USB-C cable into the slot and press in the dust cover.
- Take the short dust cover and continue through the bottom rail.
- Wrap the USB-C cable around the railing 3 times.
- Plug in the end of the USB-C cable into the OBD-C port marked “HEAD”.
- Plug in the yellow XT60 battery connector.
STEP 7 - Attaching plastic cover to the comma body base
- Place covers on top of the body base and press them in.
- Move covers into each other with your fingers to close the gap between them.
- Put the body on a side.
- Use 4 mm allen key to lock the tabs of both covers.
STEP 8 - Initial boot
- Press the button to turn the body on, the comma three will be powered on and ignition will be enabled (green LED).
- To switch ignition on/off press the button. You will hear audible confirmation, and the green LED will turn on or off depending on the ignition state.
- To turn the body off press and hold the button for 2 seconds. You will hear audible confirmation.
- Blue LED means that the body receives CAN messages from a comma three.
Where to go next: